What Is OneNote Class Notebook And How Can It Help A Student?
One great way to create varied lessons and communication plans efficiently is through the use of a cross-platform productivity application called OneNote Class Notebook.
With this app, Instructors and professors can organize their lesson plans and course content in their own digital notebook.
Students can also use powerful drawing tools to highlight, annotate slides, sketch diagrams, and take handwritten notes: This improves their learning goals and helps them get the most out of their school days.
If you’re new to this app, no worries, we will share with you how OneNote Class Notebook works and reasons why you should install it on your device. Ensure you follow our step-step guide if you want to get the best of this powerful tool.
What Is OneNote Class NoteBook?
The OneNote Class Notebook is an app that helps teachers and students to organize their notebook towards effective teaching and learning. with this app, you can work anywhere from any device.
OneNote Class Notebooks has three types of sub-notebooks including a personal workspace for every student, a content library for handouts, collaboration space for lessons, and creative activities.
- Student Notebooks: These are private notebooks that are shared between each tutor and their individual students. Teachers can access these notebooks at any time, but students are restricted from seeing other students’ notebooks.
- Content Library: A notebook for teachers to share course materials with students. Students read-only while teachers can add and edit their materials.
- Collaboration Space: A notebook for all students and the teacher in the class to share, organize, and collaborate.
Why OneNote Class NoteBook?
There are a lot of positive reviews about the OneNote Class Notebook, but it might not be the best choice, or even possible, for every learning environment.
However, advancement in technology has created a lot of interest in this app. Most students have access to a computer at school and at home.
Below are some reasons you should invest in OneNote Class Notebook
- Using OneNote Class Notebook improves productivity: As an educator, OneNote Class Notebook can help you create notebooks that will enable you to stay organized, deliver curriculum, and collaborate with students and colleagues.
- OneNote Class Notebook offers tremendous help to teachers with a large number of students; it is designed to help teachers save time and be even more efficient with their Class Notebooks.
- OneNote Class Notebook increases class engagement
Where Can I Download OneNote Class Notebook?
To get OneNote Class Notebook, you need to install Office 365 app in your device, You have to first, get Office 365 subscription for Education account on that same device.
Once you open the Office 365 app, you will find the OneNote Class Notebook app within the app launcher in the top-left corner. If you are currently using OneNote 2013 or 2016, you will need to download the Class Notebook Add-in for this extra functionality.
In addition, you can access OneNote Class Notebook from the OneNote Class Notebook website by logging in with your Office 365 information.
How Does OneNote Class NoteBook Work?
The following steps will guide you on how to get started with the OneNote Class Notebook
What you’ll need
- A Microsoft 365 subscription for Education that includes OneDrive for Business.
- An organizational account for yourself with permission to use the OneNote Class Notebook app to create the class notebooks.
- Students must have a Microsoft 365 organizational account.
- A modern browser like Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11
How to get started
- Open a web browser( Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11 preferably) on your computer and visit https://www.onenote.com/classnotebook.
- Select Create a class notebook.
- Type a name for your class notebook, then select Next.
- You’ll see a brief introduction to each section of the OneNote classroom. Quickly read it, then select Next to continue.
- Enter the names or email addresses of other teachers to invite them to collaborate and manage the class notebook. Select Next.
- Add your students by typing their names or email addresses. When you’re done, select Next.
- Add content for your OneNote students to access. Select the X to remove a section or select the + to add one. Select Next when you’re ready to proceed.
- You’ll see a preview image of what your teacher’s notebook will look like. If everything looks fine, select Create.
- You can now view and manage your OneNote classroom notebook online and within the OneNote app.
How Can OneNote Class Notebooks Help A Student?
As stated earlier, the OneNote class notebook is a great tool that offers amazing features. Students who have access to this tool find it very efficient and helpful.
This tool makes classes less stressful. If a professor is going through PowerPoint slides very quickly, you don’t have to jump from writing down what’s on the slides to taking note of also anything else the professor says.
OneNote class notebook allows you to easily copy and paste PowerPoint slides right into OneNote and start taking notes right on top.
Just like the normal printer, you can “Print to OneNote” but instead of choosing a printer, choose the option, “Send to OneNote.” OneNote will open and ask you where you want to send your printout.
Other benefits are
- Ability to share your notes with your classmates.
- Students can add questions and create checkboxes so they can monitor and share progress with teachers.
- It helps students break large assignments into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Students can share a view-only link with parents, so they can see their progress.
- It has a wonderful search feature that allows you to search on a specific page, section, and even notebook for any words, even if they’re handwritten.
- Has handwriting recognition features that help students to solve math problems.
- The collaboration space in OneNote Class Notebook encourages students to work together as the professor provides real-time feedback and coaching.
In order to use OneNote Class Notebook effectively, your school must have an Office 365 subscription that includes OneDrive for Business for both teachers and students.
How Can One Note Book Help Teachers?
Students are not the only ones who benefit from this tool, Teachers also do. If you are a teacher, here is what this app will offer you
Help you organize your course content
It helps you organize your lesson plans and course content in your own digital notebook
Create & deliver interactive lessons
You can gather web content, include audio, and video recordings to create rich custom interactive lesson plans for students.
Collaborate and provide feedback
Makes it easy to provide individualized lesson by typing or writing directly in each student’s private notebook. By searching for tags asking for help, you can give instant feedback to students who are struggling.
Can I Personalize Pages on OneNote Class Notebook?
OneNote Class Notebook can do a lot of amazing things for you. It has a lot of features such as the Digital Ink, Ink to Math, Share Notes, Color Coding, Immersive Reader, and many others.
In fact, the pages in this tool don’t have a size limit. If you need to draw out a long diagram that can’t fit on a normal piece of paper. OneNote can stretch horizontally and vertically as little or as much as you need it to.
How Is OneNote Class Different From OneNote?
Although the basic note-taking and cloud save functionality is the same between the OneNote Class Notebook tool and the regular OneNote app, there are several significant differences as seen below.
- The ability for multiple users to submit content to a notebook that’s only viewable by the admin.
- Admin tools for adding and removing teachers and students.
- A content library for resources and media for all users to access within the app.
- OneNote Class Notebook requires an Office 365 subscription for Education.
- It is completely free to use.
OneNote is available across many platforms such as iOS, Android, and macOS. If you own a Tablet device such as a Microsoft Surface or iPad, it’s even better. We believe you’ve learned how to get started with this advanced version of the free Microsoft OneNote app.
Frequently Asked Question On OneNote Class Notebooks
Is OneNote Class Notebooks Easy to Use?
Read up on how to use OneNote Class Notebook.
Is One Note Class NoteBook Free for Students?
Yes! You can get it at https://www.onenote.com/classnotebook.
Can I include Videos and Music In OneNote app?
OneNote tool allows you to customize your notebook the way you like.
- Getting Started with the OneNote Class Notebook: A Walkthrough for Teachers: support.microsoft.com
- Back to School: How a college student gets the most out of OneNote: educationblog.microsoft.com
- What is OneNote Class Notebook and How Does it Work?: lifewire.com
- Help Students Collaborate, Learn, and Stay Organized with OneNote Class Notebook: community.connection.com
- Enhance Classroom Instruction with Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook: community.connection.com
- How to Use OneNote for School: 10 Tips for Students and Teachers: makeuseof.com